Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mid-Week Musings...

It's time for the mid-week musings; a great time to reflect on the last few days and look ahead to the next few.

  • Life Event...We found out today that Shannon's having a baby girl! See, it worked. I told you all to "think pink!" Good job! I love my Matthew but I'll be happy to see pink again!
  • Update...A friend asked me about my diet (healthier eating plan). I'm happy to announce that I'm doing well. Not perfect...but pretty well overall. I've lost 10 pounds which is a good start. I'm not exercising the way I'd like but I blame that on the added demands on my time. I still believe I'll get that going.
  • Observation...Have you ever noticed how sad and lonely a park looks on a rainy afternoon?
  • Strange, Off-the-Wall Observation...I think people have very mixed feelings about fairy-tales. We read fairy-tales to our children, holding them out as the "ideal." Later in life, though, when our kids are searching for fairy-tale endings, we tell them to be realistic. At times we even hold fairy-tales up to ridicule, treating them as silly, negative things. About the best I can figure is that we'd like fairy-tale endings for our kids but must caution them if they're expecting such things. I told you this was off-the-wall.
  • Business Goal...I have a goal in my new business. The purpose is to get me going and not sit back and wait for everything to be perfect. I have given myself until 3/31 to introduce 30 faces to Mary Kay. Basically "30 faces in 30 days." Wish me luck... Better yet, how 'bout a facial pampering session???
  • "Duh" Observation...Puppies and babies are the only things I know that grow faster than weeds. You should see my puppies now. They're really growing quickly!
  • Can you spell "tomorrow?"...Yep, tomorrow's the big day. The "Family Touch" Spelling Bee. I heard yesterday there are 21 participants in Christopher's grade range. This bee is only providing a small number of words for study. The remainder will be "cold" spelling. I've never heard of a spelling bee doing that but it should be interesting.

Well, that's about it for now. I hope you're having a great week!

No comments: