Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mid-Week Musings

Well, it's Wednesday and a good time for some mid-week musings. A couple of things are direct from my pastor's blog. What can I say? He gives good info.

The first is a linc that I found very heartwarming and goes along with how I've always felt customer service should be. I remember getting stickers to give out to the kids who came through my line when I worked at Target. It was very simple but it was great to see the kids faces' light up. I must admit, though, this guy had a much better idea than I did!

http://www.stservicemovie.com/

******************************************************************************
Please pray for my associate pastor, Donny Kauffman. He's been in the hospital due to numbness on his right side. We're hoping he'll be home today. The news so far has been good and promising for a full recovery.

******************************************************************************
The kids have AWANA tonight so Ken and I are going to check out the new pizza place at the corner of 290 and St. Mark's Road in Taylors. I understand it's authentic New York pizza and really wonderful. Assuming it's as good as its reputation, this will be one time I'll be sorry I'm limiting food like pizza!

*******************************************************************************
Puppies...
The puppies are doing well. I'm reminded that the first few days with a new puppy at home is similar to the first few days with a new baby. At least babies wear diapers!

*******************************************************************************
Can you believe...
I'm amazed at the weather conditions affecting so many areas. Forty+ people dead from tornadoes, university dormitories destroyed leaving 1800+ students homeless. It's incredible and very, very sad. The watches are hitting pretty close to home - you can bet I'll keep an eye on conditions in our area.

*******************************************************************************
Super Tuesday...
I am very happy to see the strides Mike Huckabee is making in the various states. While I don't believe he'll get the nomination, I am very impressed with his campaign thus far. I can easily see him as president (and a good one) in the future.

******************************************************************************
Looking for a church home?
It occurs to me that as much as our family enjoys our church home, perhaps yours would as well. If you think you'd be interested in a casual (jeans ok) atmosphere with contemporary worship music and solid, Bible centered preaching by two wonderful pastors, please join us at Freedom Fellowship meeting at Greer High, 10:30 Sunday mornings. We have great programs for kids and teens, too!

******************************************************************************

Have a great "rest of the week!"

No comments: