Thursday, July 28, 2011

I'm thinking about...

Concert Series at a local university this evening. It appears the weather will cooperate for a change. Still a bit hot but no storms and even the heat won't be as bad as it's been recently. Looking forward to a fun evening with the kids!

Too hot for many of the great summer activities offered in our area. As one who lived most of my life in south Florida you'd think I'd be used to that...high temps and higher humidity. At least here we only have a few months of that followed by a discernible fall.

My ADHD in action...I opted to make a project for my husband's office...photos of a local spot adhered to canvas. Then came the decisions...black/white, sepia, color. I'm supposed to paint the canvas first including the edges. Hmmm...what color? that depends a lot on the first question. Next...1 large canvas with the 3-prints side-by-side or 3-separate canvas' hung next to each other? I thought I liked the idea of 3-separate ones but that's when I thought the pics would be vertical rather than landscape. Oh no-sidetrack ahead....while researching the how-to's of my project I came across another project idea. Now I'm thinking of abandoning the original project idea and go instead for this new one.

Knitting...lest you think the above scenario is a rarity, think again. I found a lovely infinity scarf project I wanted to knit. I went to the store and found the color yarns I needed and hurried home to get started. While reading over the pattern and the comments of other knitters who had made it. Now I'm thinking instead of 4-different yarns I could just buy a nice color-changing yarn and avoid all the yarn changes. I did that and then started looking at other knit patterns. Found one that looked nice and started knitting the now-revamped project, got a few sections completed and then found I had turned the project around at some point. Ouch!!! Now trying to decide whether to rip it all out and start again or just rip back a portion and continue on.

Wash or Dish Cloths... I'm getting very good at knitting them. When I'm in-between projects or discouraged with other knitting projects I knit dish/wash/spa cloths (spa cloths when I'm feeling fancy!). I started one last night after discovering the turned-around section of my infinity scarf. It does keep my daughters happy...they love them!

Home Shopping...I've been amazed how many things I find on home shopping channels that I simply must have. Fortunately my budget hasn't been in agreement so there's been little-to-no damage there. I think I'll sit back one day and have the tv on in the background and keep track of all the things I'd like to order. See just how much damage I would do in a day. Have you seen the aluminum foil/plastic wrap/wax paper dispensers??? And for only 2-easy payments...

Time to start getting ready for our picnic/concert evening. No rain clouds in sight.


No comments: